bring to Class
Always be prepared for Puppy Class. Be sure to bring:
1. MANY, MANY soft & tiny treats that your puppy LOVES!!! (No crunchy biscuits please!)
You may ask….. what is the definition of MANY?
A cup and half dry measure for medium to large puppies, ¾ to 1 cup for small to medium dogs.
If you bring too many, you’ll take them home with you, and train along the way!
….and the definition of tiny…..
smaller than your pinky finger nail, 1/8 to /14 inch in size
....what makes a good treat when cut into tiny pieces?
- Mozzeralla string cheese
- Natural Balance Roll
- Texas Hold’ums by Merrick
- Boiled chicken breast
- Deli turkey or roast beef (ask for a thick slice and then cut it into tiny cubes)
- Hot dogs (cut up and cooked on a paper towel in the microwave to get rid of slipperiness)
- Stella and Chewy’s freeze dried dog or cat food
Your imagination and your pup's gustatory desires and tolerances are the only limits here.
2. A fanny pack or treat pouch to hold the training treats so that you can easily access and deliver well-timed training rewards for learning new behaviors. Here are two styles that we recommend:
3. All puppies must wear a snug fitting flat collar or a harness (no choke or slip collars please) and a 4 to 6 foot nylon or leather leash.
4. Bring a slightly hungry puppy, so please no big breakfast or dinner before class!