Understanding what motivates your dog to learn is part of the fun.
Private dog training sessions are designed to focus on your unique needs
to make your home life and your dog walks as stress free and fun as possible.
Isn’t that why you got a dog in the first place?
private dog training Sessions with viviane
Gain better control of your dog with training and behavior modification. Here are some of the common issues we can work on:
Basic good manners for indoors and outdoors
• Sit/stay, down/stay, relax on a mat
• Polite greeting
• Loose leash walking
• Crate training
• Proper socialization techniques
Improve and/or eliminate problem behaviors:
• House training
• Leash reactivity
• Resistance to handling: grooming and veterinary visits
• Resource guarding: aggression related to food, toys or locations
• Fear and anxiety: to sounds, objects, people, or dogs
• Destructive behavior
• Barking and more
• Separation anxiety cases are referred out to Alison Buehler of Dharma Dog NYC
how private dog training works
I offer a variety of options to get you the help you need. In all cases:
• I will provide an initial consultation of 1.5 to 2 hours with follow-up sessions of 1 hour (as needed).
• Before we meet, you will provide some answers to some very specific questions about your dog so that we can maximize the time we have together.
• During the initial consultation, I will learn more about your issues and your environment. I will help you learn and understand the root of your dog’s issue(s) and possible courses of action.
Bringing a note book or other mode of note taking is recommended.
• After the session, you will receive a summary with action items along with a comprehensive training manual I have written and compiled for you to continue the work we started.
• Together, we will decide on follow up sessions as needed.
Private sessions held in your home
Scheduling an in-person Initial Consultation with Viviane: $250
Monday - Friday 8am - 10am, noon - 2pm, 3 -5pm
Areas of coverage for in-home sessions are limited to the following Brooklyn neighborhoods: Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, Kensington, Flatbush (Midwood - Ditmas Park)
For inquiries outside of those areas we encourage taking the option of coming to the PumpinPups training studio or scheduling a remote consultation. (See info below.)
If an in-home session is preferred, a referral will be made to other affiliated dog trainers/behavior consultants with the necessary experience and credentials.
Private sessions at the Pumpkin Pups training studio
• Available for both initial consultations and follow-up sessions.
distance consultations via video conferencing or phone
• Distance Initial Consultation via Video Conferencing: $100/hr billed in 15 minute increments - 1.5 hour minimum
Follow-up sessions are billed at the same rate with no minimum length and in 15 minute increments.
Available for the full range of dog behavior needs from basic puppy training to behavior problems adolescent and adult dogs.
Schedule same as above with the addition of weekday (M - Th) evenings starting at 6pm.